Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Woo_CatLoop has a deprecated constructor in /home1/thaiuniv/public_html/wp-content/themes/cityguide/includes/theme-widgets.php on line 21

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Woo_TaskWidget has a deprecated constructor in /home1/thaiuniv/public_html/wp-content/themes/cityguide/includes/theme-widgets.php on line 159

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Woo_Tabs has a deprecated constructor in /home1/thaiuniv/public_html/wp-content/themes/cityguide/includes/theme-widgets.php on line 236

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Woo_flickr has a deprecated constructor in /home1/thaiuniv/public_html/wp-content/themes/cityguide/includes/theme-widgets.php on line 419

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Woo_AdWidget has a deprecated constructor in /home1/thaiuniv/public_html/wp-content/themes/cityguide/includes/theme-widgets.php on line 496

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Woo_Search has a deprecated constructor in /home1/thaiuniv/public_html/wp-content/themes/cityguide/includes/theme-widgets.php on line 573

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Woo_Twitter has a deprecated constructor in /home1/thaiuniv/public_html/wp-content/themes/cityguide/includes/theme-widgets.php on line 613

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; woo_MapsOverviewWidget has a deprecated constructor in /home1/thaiuniv/public_html/wp-content/themes/cityguide/includes/theme-widgets.php on line 670

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; woo_MapsTagWidget has a deprecated constructor in /home1/thaiuniv/public_html/wp-content/themes/cityguide/includes/theme-widgets.php on line 851

Deprecated: The called constructor method for WP_Widget class in Woo_CatLoop is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use __construct() instead. in /home1/thaiuniv/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 6031

Deprecated: The called constructor method for WP_Widget class in Woo_TaskWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use __construct() instead. in /home1/thaiuniv/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 6031

Deprecated: The called constructor method for WP_Widget class in Woo_Tabs is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use __construct() instead. in /home1/thaiuniv/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 6031

Deprecated: The called constructor method for WP_Widget class in Woo_flickr is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use __construct() instead. in /home1/thaiuniv/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 6031

Deprecated: The called constructor method for WP_Widget class in Woo_AdWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use __construct() instead. in /home1/thaiuniv/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 6031

Deprecated: The called constructor method for WP_Widget class in Woo_Search is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use __construct() instead. in /home1/thaiuniv/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 6031

Deprecated: The called constructor method for WP_Widget class in Woo_Twitter is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use __construct() instead. in /home1/thaiuniv/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 6031

Deprecated: The called constructor method for WP_Widget class in woo_MapsOverviewWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use __construct() instead. in /home1/thaiuniv/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 6031

Deprecated: The called constructor method for WP_Widget class in woo_MapsTagWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use __construct() instead. in /home1/thaiuniv/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 6031
Mae Fah Luang University | Thailand Universities

Mae Fah Luang University

Mae Fah Luang University (MFU) was established as an autonomous public university, under the Royal Charter, in 1988, with generous support from the Royal Thai Government. The University was established to meet the needs of people in the north of Thailand, and to commemorate the gracious contributions of the King’s Mother, Her Royal Highness Princess Srinagarindra, lovingly known to her subjects as “Mae Fah Luang.” From its inaugural class of 64 students in 1988, MFU has become Thailand’s fastest growing post-secondary institution with an enrollment of just under 10,000 students. After little over a decade of operation, MFU is already well known for its high-quality teaching, research, and service to the people of the north, as well as Thailand.

Mae Fah Luang Unviersity’s campus consists of a large complex of modern, state-of-the-art buildings, spanning more than 800 hectares. The campus is located in a spectacular setting of mountains and trees, an environment conducive to teaching and learning in a clean, inviting setting. As both a regional and national university, MFU provides high-quality education services and resources for the neighboring countries of the Greater Mekhong Sub-region (GMS), and reaches out to all of Southeast Asia.

Mae Fah Luang University, situated in the province of Chiang Rai in northern Thailand, is named after Her Royal Highness the Princess Mother (Somdet Yah), the beloved mother of the current king of Thailand. Mae Fah Luang was the name given to her by the local people in Chiang Rai. It is an autonomous public university, established on September 25th, 1998. Initially it offered only two majors, (English being one of them). It now offers more, such as: Biotechnology, Cosmetic Science, Engineering, Aviation Business Management, and Agro-Industry. Now that the University Hospital is completed, the School of Medicine should also be available soon.

The beautiful and large campus is situated in Tambon Tasood, Mueang District and consists mainly of hills with only a small area of plain. Construction took many years, as the campus was mostly built on hillsides. Work was completed in 2004.

The university strives to be an international institution, using English as the primary medium of instruction. However, this is slightly hindered by the inadequate language skills of a few members of the Thai teaching staff, but the university also has a large number of native English-speaking teachers. As it is a new university, the top students in Thailand seldom apply here, but it is on the path to becoming one of the top universities.

The People’s Republic of China built the Sirindhorn Chinese Language and Cultural Center on the campus as a gift to Thailand, equipping it with computers with Chinese programs and textbooks. The center is built to resemble a traditional Chinese house, complete with courtyards, gardens, and a pond.

There are currently over 5,000 students in the undergraduate program.

Vision

Mae Fah Luang University is a medium-sized university of quality with international academic standards of pursuing excellence in both sciences and arts, in order to achieve the goal of cultivating human resources for Thailand, as well as countries of the Greater-Mekong sub-region. The University aims to develop and utilize knowledge in science and technology, and restore national arts and culture.

Faculty       

• Faculty of Arts
  • Faculty of Education
  • Faculty of Public Administration
  • Faculty of Science
  • Faculty of Management
  • Faculty of Information Technology
  • Faculty of Science Industry
  • Faculty of Law
  • Faculty of Science of Cosmetics
  • Faculty of Health Sciences
  • Faculty of Nursing
MFU Thailand

MFU Thailand

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home1/thaiuniv/public_html/wp-content/themes/cityguide/comments.php on line 13

No reviews yet.